Saturday, October 20, 2012

Playing Dress-up

I do not consider myself a fashionista. But I am very conscious of how I look and what I wear. I am not the  type to wear whatever is there (unless I'm uber lazy). I like to take my time and try out a variety of outfits before I decide. To help me keep up with the latest trends and styles, I visit fashion blogs. I read fashion magazines and I look to celebrities for inspiration. Below are some of my style muse:

1. Emma Watson

I like Emma during her Harry Potter days but her post-Hermione look just made me love her all the more. The pixie cut, the androgynous look and the over-all chicness - Emma Watson has definitely grown up. Having recently chopped off my hair, I find myself looking to her style for balancing that edgy yet feminine fashion.

2. Nicole Richie

Nobody pulls off the whole Bohemian feel quite like Nicole Richie does. From the flowing maxi skirt, the larger-than-life accessories and the stylish headbands, she is the ultimate Boho-chic. And as a fan of gypsy skirts and oversized maxi-dresses, I go to Nicole's fashion tumblr to get tips on how to get that Bohemian vibe.

3. Nina Dobrev


Nina Dobrev is a style chameleon. She can be feminine, she can be casual, she can be a tomboy, she can be elegant and she is going to look amazing no matter what. The versatility of her style is what inspires me to try and be different once in a while.

4. Kristen Stewart


It's not so much Kristen's actual style but the principle behind it that I really like. Being a no-nonsense kind of girl, Kristen has no qualms in stepping out wearing acid wash jeans, oversized shirts, with unkempt hair to match. This carefree (and careless) attitude towards fashion is something I am trying (trying being the operative word) to ease myself into.

5. Audrey Hepburn


Who doesn't look up to Audrey Hepburn as a style icon? Ever the leading lady, everything Audrey Hepburn wears is with a touch of class. She's always kept together from the up'do hair down to the pearl necklace. Her simple yet elegant look is always my go-to principle.







No comments:

Post a Comment