Thursday, August 9, 2012

Dear Prague...


I haven't even met you yet and I'm already smitten. Who wouldn't be charmed? You have a glorious aristocratic heritage, a colorful political history and a fascinating culture that inspired the likes of Mozart and Kafka. And quite frankly, I just love the way your name rolls off of my tongue.Prague. See?

I can't wait to meet you on a summer morning. I imagine myself hopping down a train in my sundress ready to bask in your beauty. I will cross Charles Bridge, stand in awe of the majestic Prague Castle and explore the Old Town. I will visit every quaint shop there is and once I get tired, I shall sit by the fountain of the Town Square. In the afternoon, after visiting museums and galleries and street exhibits, I will drink tea in one of the little coffee shops, watching life unfold right before my eyes. Then at nightfall, I shall witness the city come to life as lights illuminate every building and every vista. I will probably end up dancing with the locals at the Palace Akropolis and enjoy a bottle or two (maybe even three) of  the world famous Pilnser Urquell. Then I will go back to my hotel and be more than content to do everything again the next day. Just the very though makes me giggle with excitement.

Soon Prague...soon. Pockej na Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment