Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Blush

I don't easily blush. But he's succeeded in making my cheeks scarlet red thrice now. The first time was when he introduced himself. All he did was hold out his hand and say his name. He's cute but not a head turner. He's doesn't stand out in a crowd and is not the most fashionable guy out there. But there's something about him that just gets to me. He has that subtle air of confidence. He looks very self-assured. No, he's not arrogant. He's just comfortable in his own skin, I guess. And it shows; the way he stands, the way he talks and just the way he carries himself. He's also very funny in that self-deprecating and endearing way. There's also an air of mystery about him. He looks every bit of a nice guy at first glance but at the same time, his witty quips and his crazy stories make you think he's not as nice as he seems to be. And that intrigues me.

The second time he made me blush was when we bumped into each other, literally. I was hurriedly going out to make an emergency call when he came out of nowhere. Before I knew it, there was a thud. He politely apologized and I just nodded, not taking my eyes off my phone. Because if I did, I wouldn't be able to look away. That  and the fact that if I looked at him, he'd see my pink-tainted cheeks. He just has that effect on me.

The third time he made me blush was when he said goodbye in a meeting. He had to run to another commitment so he had to leave early. Truth be told, I didn't even notice him saying so because I was busy checking the documents his team submitted. Then all of a sudden he tapped my shoulder and said, "alis na 'ko ha." Strengthening my resolve, I looked up and waved goodbye. But inside I was burning. He just took the effort to say goodbye. That made my day :)

I haven't acted like this since high school. But I really don't care. Judge me if you want. Everyone's entitled to a dose of immaturity every once in a while. And while I'm at this giddy state, I can only hope that I make him blush too.

No comments:

Post a Comment